Washington, DC…The Discussion Draft – Senate Republican Health Care Bill has been released. View the Senate Republican Health Care bill here.Senate Republican Health Care Overhaul Proposal Seven years ago, Democrats imposed a risky health care experiment on Americans that led to skyrocketing costs and collapsing insurance markets. Senate Republicans are working to fix the mess Democrats made by acting to rescue the millions trapped by Obamacare. The discussion draft will:
- Help stabilize collapsing insurance markets that have left millions of Americans with no options.
- Free the American people from the onerous Obamacare mandates that require them to purchase insurance they don’t want or can’t afford.
- Improve the affordability of health insurance, which keeps getting more expensive under Obamacare.
- Preserve access to care for Americans with pre-existing conditions, and allow children to stay on their parents’ health insurance through age 26.
- Strengthen Medicaid for those who need it most by giving states more flexibility while ensuring that those who rely on this program won’t have the rug pulled out from under them.